View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 01:10 PM

Default Local Dr

Went to the local Orthopaedic surgeon this morning. He was also better than my original surgeon.

He wants to do two level fusion though!!! He doesn't think L5-S1 can handle the L4/L5 fusion and will end up going out also.

Oh I think I forgot to mention before, the Dr in Chicago also recognized that my L5/S1 is starting to degenerate, but as long as I lose weight after my fusion I should be good.

I have gone from one disc having problems to two discs and a cracked facet joint. I have learned my lesson about getting multiple opinions, never automatically trust the first Dr you talk too!!!!

I have one more Appointment July 2nd with another surgeon. I guess this will help me decide which way to go.

In the mean time, the local surgeon today has a nerve test scheduled for me to see what kind of permenant damage I may have.
MRI May 5th - showed "moderate sizd protruding disk in the the left paracentral location at the L4-5 level which appears to a more porminent comparison to the prior examination" and "appears to impinge upon the exiting nerve root"
May 11th Dr Apptment - Told that another Discsectemy could be done.

Looking for Surgeon for second Opinion