View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 05:15 PM

Default Welcome Back!

Dear Jeff,
Welcome back to the website. I know of the hopelessness and misery chronic pain can bring.....and I only had one level and no cervical issues. I am sorry you are having so many problems. Last November I started seeing a PM out of desperation. I think you are on the right track, especially if you find a really good one that you like. This will help you make it through the days and possibly weeks and months until you can have your surgery. There is a lot to be said for that moment when you realize you HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. I am glad you have Tigerpaw and his wife to lean on for support and information. The hybrid surgery seems to have really good results. I just had one level ADR at Texas Back six weeks ago. I am NOT a clinical person but I have done TONS of research. As you know fusion has a bad rap because of the risk of adjacent level disease and lack of motion caused by the vertebra being fused. The hybrid seems great because the level directly above the fusion is protected. I have also heard a fusion at L5/S1 is not as bad because we do not have a lot of motion there anyway.

Good luck in your quest for some resolution. Keep us posted.

CD
LBP for 2 to 3 years-much worse since April '09
44 visits to chiro in 6 months
PT & ESI (failed)
Discography/CT -positive at L4-L5, annular tear & bulge
three denials from UnitedHealthcare for ADR
Surgery 2/18/10-Freedom Lumbar disc L4/L5