View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 01:30 PM

G1- I am a newbie to this site and am grateful to those who started it. I also did a search and this was the only thread that came up on Medicaid coverage so don't feel bad. I am admittedly a bit technologically impaired though . I am currently in Ohio and on Medicaid due to disability from my DDD. I consulted with a neurosurgeon here, Dr. Carolyn Neltner. She stated I was an ideal candidate for ADR. She knows I am in pain, but urged me to try to wait it out until the FDA approves two level replacement. She advised it could be six months to a year or more. She did not seem to be concerned about Medicaid coverage. This may become an issue for me though as I am moving to AZ in three weeks. I do not know what their rules are. My wonderful boyfriend lives there and wants me to move down so he can help take care of me. He has bookmarked this site so he can contribute also. He went through this before with a previous girlfriend and is well aware of the problems we face. She unfortunately passed away about two years ago from complications from an unrelated surgery. (She had many health problems other than DDD.) I will post as info becomes available to me.
Disabled
2 level fusion and decompression laminectomy pending in 2006