Thread: The Titanic
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 04:32 PM

Default Plan

Hi Richard! Thanks for the welcome. I just had a DEXA scan in case I needed ADR. I get the results in two days. Are you thinking that the DEXA scan might reveal a more accurate picture of my facets? In regards to what caused my two damaged cervical discs, initially I didn’t know, but after much retrospect, I realized it was trauma.
Laid Up Doc-Thanks for your reply as well! I'm so jealous of your access (I didn't underline that word!) to doctors and radiologists! That's wonderful. Recently I actually asked my primary care doc if I could get an appointment with a radiologist to discuss my MRI results and he said that the reason radiologists go into that specialty is so they will not have to “interact” with patients. He did say we could request a second opinion on the MRI though. I am reluctant to have my surgeon tell me if surgery is acceptable with my facets for obvious reasons. I know what you mean by paranoid, I feel the same way. I spend everyday analyzing and researching this situation. Occasionally I get so discouraged that I think I should just get a fusion like a couple of my friends. They all had fusion within the last 4 years and are doing great! Too early to tell if they are going to have adjacent disc issues, but they are out golfing, horseback riding, etc. and I am tiptoeing around trying to cause no movement to my neck so it doesn’t blow up.
With that said, I’m going to try to move forward by focusing on my goals for this week: 1)email Dr. Clavel my MRI & xray; 2)get the results of my DEXA scan; and 3)make an appointment with the pain doctor.
I will keep y’all posted.
C5 ruptured
C6 Bulge
7/2011 epidural that caused a "fragment to present itself"
10/2011 C5-C6 Foraminotomy & removal of fragment
Positive for left-sided Hoffman's reflex
Effacement of anterior spinal artery