View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 05:10 PM

Thanks, JSS and Harrison, for your helpful comments!!!

I will PM Madder for her experience.

I did speak with my orthopedic surgeon's assistant this noontime-ish.

She conveyed the docs thoughts that he does not believe that the metal is the cause of my trouble, but that he is agreeable to taking out the metal.

He has ordered a Ct-scan and MRI for me, which is now scheduled at the end of this month, and I have an appointment date with him in March, the earliest possible. He left my doing a metal-LTT for me to arrange with my primary care doc.... which I already have an Rx order for the blood withdrawal.

I wish to make sure that I get the best and most suitable lab and which test for the doing. I am presently studying what is on this forum in the way of comments for such test... or other test, be there one.

I do have faith in his ability to do cervical surgery. He has done hundreds, if not thousands. Anyone wishing his name and location, may contact me via a PM.

I do not relish another anterior cervical surgery though. But because metal insensitivity was not considered for my cervical surgery to correct a pinched nerve, I now must undergo another surgery, and recuperation.

In looking up something on the web just moments ago, I came across this site... Avoid Surgery For Back Pain and Neck Pain | Rowe Neurology Institute I have no experience with this group, but like their thinking. The thinking may be valuable for someone. It is their thinking that I think is good from my past experience, not necessarily going to the group.

I have had other back problems, lumbar, three or four times in my life other than what I mentioned about this cervical metal problem. They would be classified crippling by most people, I think. Luckily, I had read a small book that advocated very much as this site does... proper exercise. I did that, and was successful, without any medical or therapist help. I just followed the exercises in that book, which name I have lost through the years. I never had to have any surgery for those lumbar bad times.

I let my guard down with my cervical problem. I had just moved into this area, knew almost no one, much less doctors, so relied on advice that I perhaps should not have relied upon. I now think that all metal implants should consider rejection/allergic reaction/sensitivity to what is implanted.

Such is life! Sie La Vie!

Wellness to All....

Old Codger
79 year old, loves to be very active, but am hampered as time goes on. Partial Cervical Fusion in July 1999, C4&5, C5&6; 2 each-Surgicals for Spinal Stenosis to eliminate neuropathy in feet and lower legs-Sept 2002, no help; Neuropathy cont'd for fifteen years; Clue to neuropathy from past history and new found info of allergy to chromium, nickel and cobalt.