View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 10:40 PM

Default Second Guessing my appointment at Barrow Institute

It was such a pain getting the darn appointment. It took several weeks for the surgeon to review my file and accept me as a patient. I picked the surgeon based on his great reviews locally and because he does ADR. Since then and lots of hours of research coming up the learning curve, I have learned that the Mobi-C is a better disc than the Pro-Disc and there is only one surgeon at Barrow listed on the Mobi-C site. It's not the one I have my appointment with on the 23rd! So, I think I should call on Monday and may have to start the process over again which is just going to delay me further. I also found out since I scheduled with the one surgeon that if I want to see another surgeon at the Barrow Institute, HE would have to refer me over so getting a 2nd opinion at Barrow is probably not going to work out and 1/2 the neurosurgeons in my network work for Barrow. Talk about having all my eggs in one basket. Hopefully, by some miracle, the surgeon I have the appointment with is familiar with and uses the Mobi-C! Hopefully, I can find that out Monday.

I wish my introductory post hadn't been moved from New Member to the International Assistance category because I'm looking at both options, the U.S. and internationally! Do I need to start a new post elsewhere or continue this thread? I'm not sure how things work around here.

Reading all the posts from people that have had unsuccessful ADR surgery also has me a bit rattled. I'm wondering if I'm expecting too much from neck surgery again. I had all but given up hope of ever having a normal life until I learned about ADR as an option. It just seems like having a fusion surgery would make things worse. It just feels wrong to me and barbaric. I know that the odds of getting back to my old life back 100% are unlikely but, is 80% being too optimistic? Frustrated tonight Is vocalizing my frustrations allowed here?
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016