View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 10:42 AM

jss, I am in chronic and constant pain from my head down the back of my body to my feet. If I lay around and be sedentary, I can manage it but, that's really no way to live my life. If I walk or try to lift anything, the pain starts and it is just plain embarrassing in public because I sometimes have to stop and sit and wait for the level 10 episode to pass. The surgeons I have seen have not been able to diagnose or fix my walking issues. The pain affects both sides of my body pretty equally which doesn't make this any easier to diagnose. I also get electrical shocks throughout my body that just floor me. It's like being electrocuted.

I believe my symptoms are coming from my cervical spine because I got the most benefit from those surgeries in the past. My C5/C6 was so bad that first surgeon was concerned I would be paralyzed from it. Oddly, at the time all I was having were headaches but, six month later the walking issues started. Walking is an atypical symptom of the cervical spine however. I would really like to have one final surgery that fixes me instead of waking up in no better condition. I have had six surgeries already so, apparently my spine problems have not been easily diagnosed or fixed. Hopefully, Dr. Zeegers will figure it out!

The thoracic spine is not typically operated on because it's a dangerous surgery the way I understand it. The surgeries I had on it were minimally invasive so, did not involve having to cut me wide open. I'm not sure if I have an axial image that shows anything. If I find one, I'll post it. Believe me, I don't want surgery on my thoracic spine!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016