View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 11:26 AM

Those are great spreadsheets Gene!

Cheryl, this is a good time to refinance homes if it makes sense financially because the rates are so low. I read recently that lots of people are doing this now to lock in fixed rates because after all these years of lower interest rates, it is anticipated that the Feds will start raising them again. I would imagine this will happen in a very controlled manner so they don't upset the financial markets.

Here's a graph of 30 year rates so you can see it visually:

Average 30 Year Fixed Mortgage Rates

I can't believe that Discover can get away with charging 15.99% interest! However, anything unsecured by collateral is going to be more expensive. I'm sure you will bail on them as soon as you feel better and are on the road to recovery. If you have your car paid off, that's another option to use as collateral but, not tax deductible.

I'm looking forward to reading how well you are doing very soon!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016