View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 11:08 AM

Default ADR Costs I have so far

Thanks jss! It's not a completely apples to apples comparison anyway so, I added your information. I'll keep adding info to the spreadsheet if more is posted.

Hopefully, I got Cheryl's correct. I think she is getting two M6-C discs. I can't find what kind of discs that Scoop got so had to put his in generic.

These are my unscientific findings (I'll add to this list too if I've missed something):

1. Even with the flights and hotel, Europe is typically less expensive than the U.S. but, there are exceptions.
2. Laura mentioned in one of her posts that Dr. Bierstedt offered to redo her surgery for free if she had problems. She would still have to pay for her flights to Europe but, I thought that demonstrated the doctor's confidence. She has it in writing.
3. I have gone through most of the Surgery Outcome notes and it seems that many of the people that got Prodisc-C in the U.S. did not have good outcomes. I'm not sure if that is because they were the first here in the U.S. and the surgeons were just learning and/or if it has something to do with the disc.
4. I believe the few people on the board that had the Mobi-C in the last few years in the U.S. have had good outcomes. Dr. Pettine in Colorado was recommended by Colorado Babe. It really demonstrated to me that the most important decision is the surgeon and then the disc, placement and correct size of the disc are also really important if you want a good outcome.
5. Doctors in the U.S. may be willing to discount their rates. It doesn't hurt to ask if a person is paying out of pocket.
6. Another thing to consider is health insurance in case of a complication. Dr. Bierstedt's office did not mention that to me in their quote. Cheryl mentioned that Dr. Clavel's office did include insurance in his quote. I'm not sure what happens in the U.S. but, I imagine the patient would be charged (paying out of pocket) unless something was arranged prior to the surgery with the doctor's office. We all hope there will not be a complication during surgery but, best to plan ahead just in case. Sometimes our health insurance follows us out of state in case of an emergency. Perhaps the insurance company would pick up those incremental costs...worth checking.

2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016

Last edited by Cynlite; 04-13-2015 at 11:50 PM.