View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 11:29 AM

Default Shop around

Cheryl ~ Check out this website and video if you are interested in refinancing your home. It will help you to find who has the bests rates in your area. Not all lenders are created equal! There are a few things to consider. 1) What is your all in rate with points and other fees 2) What is your monthly cost? 3) Is it a fixed or Variable Rate:

Mortgage Refinance - When To Refinance Your Mortgage | Bankrate.com

Lenders can confuse borrowers by making them think they have a better deal than they really have. They do this by throwing in other fees or points to lower the annual percentage rate (APR) or changing the structure of the loan. It's important that you have an apples to apples comparison. If you get confused, make the lender give you an APR for all options that include all fees or lump sum payments. If it were me, I would try to find the lowest fixed rate and avoid the adjustable rates with ARMS if possible. Let me know if you have a question and I'll try to help you if I am able.

When I got laid off, I refinanced my home with a new fixed rate, 15 year mortgage. I wanted to lower my monthly payments but, not lose all the time I had in paying down the loan on my house. I thought I would go back to work after a few years of caregiving my Mom and then make a few big payments towards the mortgage but, then my health turned for the worst and that didn't happen. My point is that we never know what will happen so, the decision to refinance has to make sense taking the present and various possible futures into consideration. I've almost got my house paid off now because 15 years went by quickly for me!

I know this is a lot to take on while you are in pain and anticipating your upcoming surgery. I'm looking forward to hearing how well you are doing after it's all done. I sure wish I was in your shoes right now! I want to have my surgery scheduled so bad but, it's just not possible yet. Sending you a big hug and know you are in my prayers.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016