Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 04:41 PM

Continued thanks for the well wishes and especially to Colorado Babe for the reassurance from someone who used the same doctor, especially helpful for the day before surgery jitters.

I am miraculously covered by insurance through United Health Care for the 2 level Mobi-C. The Doctor's office facilitated this for me, but I do have to say that I also sent them a pile of documents showing how many conservative treatments I have tried and urging them to consider how much money they are spending on me to continue trying so many injections, physical therapies etc. I also called a few times. I have no idea if my efforts had anything to do with the approval, because I spoke to a different person every time. It may be that the doctor's notes were all they looked at, but I felt like I needed to communicate myself as well to plead my case.

I'm am beyond grateful that they are covering the surgery. I know that I am very blessed in this way.
2013-2014 Physical therapy 2X a week with dry needling/traction. Minimal relief.
2014- 2 surgeons recommend ACDF. It didn't sit well with me.
2014- Stem cell therapy. Temporary relief.
2015 ADR April 27!