View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 08:22 AM

Anne,

Condolences on your physical issues, but welcome.

You will find that two level cervical success stories for ADR and/or fusion abound. While the great majority of three level are also successful, the success rates seem to drop as more levels are added. I have four cervical levels done; two fusions and two ADRs. I am doing very well and even completed an Ironman with all of that mess in there.

Given your financial picture, the recent experience of the poster on this board that goes by njgene is particularly relevant to you. Presumably because of financial competition, Texas Back Institute (a premier ADR provider in the US) will negotiate a lower price for surgery than we have to spend overseas. As your financiers are skeptical of a European ADR, perhaps they'd be more open to a domestic one.

Texas Back Institute (TBI) is in Plano, TX (suburban Dallas). Depending on the doctor you get, they'll probably prescribe some combination of ADR and fusion with either the ProDisc-C or Mobi-C. That facility is worth considering; especially in your circumstances.

@Cynlite ... I don't know of a two level limitation. I know of one poster on this site that had four lumbar levels done at TBI (in two or three different surgeries).

Good luck!
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011