View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 01:27 AM

Smile

Thank you all for the posts jss, NJ Gene, and Dema!

I did contact the Texas Back Institute through their main email and they stated they can negotiate prices and do 4 level ADR if appropriate!!!! (Even though I have heard the FDA only approves of no more than 2 levels is the USA) Is this an experimental facility?

My first thoughts were, well if one office manager told me that surgery in the states for a 3 level fusion, would be about $235,000 billed to the insurance company, then how could they do better than Europe, charging about $50,000 for a 4 level ADR? Is it because they are building up their experience and credibility? What are they going to cut back on since you are a special finance case? Will you get the doctor you want or a new one building up his experience? Do they have the same success rates as the ones in Europe? Do they have access to the same means to do it as Europe? When you fly back to your hometown will your local doctors help you or know what to do with you?

Also, I don't think patient reviews online are always 100% credible, you don't know if the doctor is removing the negative ones or writing the positive ones, but when you look up some doctors like Dr. Scott L. Blumenthal you can find some people complaining about their ADR surgery with him and others raving about it. Someone from just 2013 stated they now live in pain forever from the ADR surgery he performed. Did the patient do something wrong? The doctor? Is there any doctor out there with a perfect track record, probably not.

I will follow up with them tomorrow though! Thank you for the encouragement!
My doctors warned not to wait too long, due to my recent symptoms of increasing weakness in my left arm, myelomalacia, numbness and tingling, and the fact I could be paralyzed if I tripped, I chose to go forward with a 3 level fusion C4/5, C5/6, C6/7 after considering the strain of the costs to get ADR and the stress it would put on my family.