View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 09:41 PM

Default Many thanks to you all!

I wish I joined this group months ago. I was told not to trust what you read online and that can be true but it is also the only way to hear about other patients and their outcomes. All the surgeons I see make fun if I reveal where I've heard things and my parents have made comments to me that only people in pain come on them to it is skewed regarding happy fusion patients, if there are any?

I felt pressured to take the 3 level fusion of C4-C7 appointment for surgery I have for this Monday, as I don't have the money to do it on my own, I hate the idea of taking it from my parents, currently unemployed and my parents have been scared by the local surgeons on my appointments so it is very hard to really change their minds. When I panic I feel maybe I should go for TBI. I have seen a few times people aren't really happy with ProDisc & Mobi C though. I even had a Medtronic rep who knows the local doctors in my area suggest to me not to risk a 3 or 4 level ADR. I need to get on the right path with this!! It is hard when you are fearing loosing the use of your dominant arm!!
My doctors warned not to wait too long, due to my recent symptoms of increasing weakness in my left arm, myelomalacia, numbness and tingling, and the fact I could be paralyzed if I tripped, I chose to go forward with a 3 level fusion C4/5, C5/6, C6/7 after considering the strain of the costs to get ADR and the stress it would put on my family.

Last edited by Anne189; 05-15-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: missed word