View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 11:33 PM

Default I'm New Here!! Looking for some support!

Hi,

I am a 34 year old woman and I have been suffering from chronic low back and pelvic pain for 8 years now. My pelvic pain is waaaaayyyy worse than my back pain and was wondering if anyone here has had success in treating both of these pain conditions with ADR? I have been on disability for 6 years now and I really want to get my life back. I have tried everything from meds to PT to surgery to help resolve my pelvic pain with limited success. I'm seriously sick of having to sit/lay on ice packs and not being able to live my life. Not being able to provide for myself is also extremely frightening!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and just splurge my symptoms out to all of you. I experience pain in my entire perineum. Yes, everywhere down there between my legs. Going to the bathroom, sitting, standing, sex .... is all very painful ALL of the time! Anyone else out there experience these symptoms and have been helped by ADR surgery?

My entire body is a real mess. I have SI joint dysfunction, mild rotoscoliosis, retrolisthesis of my L4/5 vertebrae, DDD and osteophytes in lumbar spine as well as disk bulges and annular tears. Oh and then there's my neck. I don't experience neck pain, but I have straight neck (which isn't good) and disk degeneration at C5/6 level. I also have disk degeneration at T10/11.

Sooooo, all the docs that I have seen (which is a lot) say that my pelvic pain has nothing to do with my spine. I'm not 100% convinced that this is the case. Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!!
L4/5 - shallow posterior disc bulge with a superimposed LEFT foraminal disc protrusion that encroaches upon the undersurface of the exiting LEFT L4 nerve root.

Mild rotoscoliosis centred at L3 and 4mm retrolithesis at L3/4.