View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 04:22 PM

Mike,
Welcome man, this site is very great and will answer a lot of your questions. I just had a 3 level ADR with Dr Clavel using the M6-C at levels C5-7 and the M6-L at L4-5. It's been exactly 2 months to this day, and my spine was jacked up 22mm or about 1 inch in disc height. Entailed, I've gained about 1 1/2-1 3/4 inches in height. The term which causes tingling, numbness, pain, etc is called distraction pain, and is very common in the majority of patients, as your muscles and ligaments are all being stretched. It's like going through puberty a second time. I always use the analogy of when you had braces and how bad your teeth would hurt for 1-2 weeks after adjustments (same situation, but is course more complex). I have to say that I rarely get it, and if any it's mild. Massage seems to help me, but I've learned stretching flares me up sometimes. Walking 2-3 1/2 miles a day helps me tremendously. I have no back or neck pain anymore, just some mild tightness here and there in my neck. My main issue was pelvic pain, but the ultimate contributing factor was my spine. I just Skyped with Clavel last Thursday for a follow up, and I will start PT at the 3 month mark, after getting XRays and MRI's again. My sacral nerves need to regenerate, now that there is no more disc tear leakage or compression my on spine. Some people heal faster than others, and like from what you're reading could take a while.
I would like to share some advice and knowledge to help determine your new life pain free. Don't use the Prodisc by all means, you will have many revisions with it (it's old and brittle). The next step up is the Moby-C, which is ok but still people have revisions and is becoming obsolete. Next best that is now approved in the US is the Activ@L. It's acts and is like the M6 (can't withstand 1200 lbs of pressure with 360 degrees range of motion), but acts in a different way with its transitional movement, which will significant help you. The link is listed below:
B. Braun Melsungen AG - Products
prid=PRID00004594
The most obvious key to all of this is the surgeon. For you in the US- I would reach out to Dr. Carl Lauryssen. He's a great Neurosurgeon as well. Could never hurt to get as many opinions as possible.
The Spinal Doctor.
Lauryssen works with the M6 disc and really knows his stuff. I had a wonderful consult with him, but goes overseas to Switzerland to do the M6 because it's not approved in the US. He's like Clavel, not arrogant and very compassionate about his patients. Best of luck, and I wish you a safe, healthy, and great recovery which ever route you take. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I don't know what the final outcome will be for me, but I know like many, it's like the stock market. You have your good and bad days. Feel free to personal message me if you have any further questions or concerns. I'm not a doctor, as are any of us, but everyone on here is to help one another.
1 ADR M6-L at L4-5 (1 10mm)
-Torn disc (fissuring), loss of disc height (mild DDD), approaching thecal sac as well
*Gained 1 1/2- 1 3/4 inches in height due to M6 disc height, and perfect lordosis now

Last edited by TheGrt8; 07-07-2015 at 09:57 PM.