View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 04:18 PM

Well, I sent in blood samples to Orthopedic Analysis lab in Chicago on Wednesday for their Orthopedic Panel 2 and Metal ION tests. It will take a week to ten days to learn the results. I will let you know then.

I did a Google search on the words, "metal allergy forum". Wow! on the number of hits.

But some of the tales about what the med docs do or don't do to their patients, is absolutely heart-rendering. The most obvious is the total lack of adhering to the FDA labels in relation to metal allergy!!!

I was somewhat upset on the amount of time, March 10, that I have to wait to see my orthopedic surgeon, who did the implantation. But since he has said, through his assistant, that he doesn't believe that my problem is an allergy to the metal he implanted, I am glad that I will be able to present him with my O.A. test results.

I went to dinner at a restaurant last night with my wife (beat the Valentine Day crowd), and forgot about my allergy problem, to even stainless steel. Then, I remembered when I started to scratch my hand in about fifteen minutes after using the s.s. cutlery... and had more and harder cramps in my feet last night after going to bed. I feel just lousy this morning!!! Oh! I did eat a bowl of chocolate ice cream for dessert, which cocoa is a no-no. So easy to forget! This probably helped give the cramps, as well as touching the s.s. cutlery.

I firmly think that I am seeing a very steep uphill climb on the curve of my metal allergy symptoms now, as time goes by.

I just hope that the Ct-scan, MRI and X-rays coming up, show that my fusion of C4, 5, 6 did in fact take, and the metal can come out. It has been almost sixteen years.

What an odessy!!!
Wishing all wellness!
Old Codger
79 year old, loves to be very active, but am hampered as time goes on. Partial Cervical Fusion in July 1999, C4&5, C5&6; 2 each-Surgicals for Spinal Stenosis to eliminate neuropathy in feet and lower legs-Sept 2002, no help; Neuropathy cont'd for fifteen years; Clue to neuropathy from past history and new found info of allergy to chromium, nickel and cobalt.