View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 04:45 PM

Default ProDisc C Dangerous ADR at 2 or More Levels

On 08-02-2012 I was implanted with a Prodisc C artificial disc at the C5-C6 level of my cervical spine by doctor in Delaware. On 09-27-2012 I was again in the operating room at the same hospital by the same doctor, having a second implant of a Prodisc C artificial disc at the C6-C7 level of my cervical spine. In September/October 2015* it was discovered that the Prodisc C artificial disc broke the vertebrae between the two levels and the metal disc itself slid into my spinal column and rested on my spinal cord. At that point I was looking at the real possibility of paralysis from my shoulders down. After two additional surgeries performed at a different hospital and a different surgeon, my life and mobility was saved. I spent a week in ICU, six months out of week painfully recuperating, continued physical therapy and faced with the possibility of additional surgeries.

ProDisc C was only authorized for one level in the US. Has anyone else experienced trouble from this device at 2 or more levels?

Lisa

Last edited by LALange; 01-29-2018 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Changed Title