View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 03:14 PM

Default Hiya! L5-S1 + Retrolisthesis

Hi all!

Pleasure to make your acquaintance and happy to have found this community.

I am considering a L5-S1 arthroplasty in the United States with an unknown doctor at this time. I have been diagnosed with a L5-S1 herniation with retrolisthesis via MRI 6 months ago.

Last week I had to go to the clinic to get a steroid injection to halt the pain and discomfort. My low-back was getting contorted with pain and spasms. The Doc prescribed Tramadol 50mg and Cyclobenzaprine 10mg 3x daily or as needed. I am also taking 2x Naproxen 225mg twice daily as well.

I have been out of work over a week now because the herniation has gotten so bad that I can hardly walk more than a few steps at a time without pain, discomfort and weakness flaring up. Sciatica almost all of the time too. The only time I am comfortable is when I am laying down on my side with a pillow between my legs.

I made appointments with 3 of the best neurosurgeons/orthopedic surgeons in the area that specialize in ADR for consultations. I only have to wait until next month to meet with them.

In the meantime I will be going for another MRI. My major concern is that my retrolisthesis has gotten worse or that there is an issue with my facet joints that will disqualify me as an ADR candidate.

Does anyone have any experience with ADR and retrolisthesis?

Best Regards,
2017 - Blew out my back on leg-press. MRI showed L5-S-1 disc herniation and grade 1 retrolisthesis.
2018 - Successful ADR surgery with Dr. Rolando Garcia using the Activ-L implant.
2019 - In physical therapy for burning in feet, L4-L5 diffuse disc bulge and SI joint pain.
2020 - Getting better with one-on-one PT.

30 - Male - American