View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:01 PM

Hi All!

Just an update to my story today:

I met with Dr. Rolando Garcia today, who co-developed the latest FDA-approved artificial disc for the lumbar, the Activ-L. He said I am a candidate, but my insurance might prove to be a problem. So, like many people on this forum and under Blue Cross of Florida, who knows what's going to happen.

For now, I have to change my insurance (+$500/month) then get the final CT scan and bone density test before his office submits the paperwork to Flordia Blue for approval.

He says it could get approved immediately or it could take a year. There's no rhyme or reason to the way they do approvals. So, it looks like that's the way I'm going.

Feels like a crap-shoot. It shouldn't be this way, but it is what it is. My wife is from Japan and she has been appalled at the whole process and the medical industry as a whole here in the States.
2017 - Blew out my back on leg-press. MRI showed L5-S-1 disc herniation and grade 1 retrolisthesis.
2018 - Successful ADR surgery with Dr. Rolando Garcia using the Activ-L implant.
2019 - In physical therapy for burning in feet, L4-L5 diffuse disc bulge and SI joint pain.
2020 - Getting better with one-on-one PT.

30 - Male - American