View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 01:44 AM

You're welcome, I am happy to help.

It is hard to answer these specific questions. When I asked my doctor, he didn't even know himself how many he has performed. I got him to answer in a ballpark range eventually. It turned out to be in the 700 range.

I didn't have to pay for my entire surgery fortunately, but the portion I did have to paid did need to be paid in full before the surgery or the surgeon would not schedule it. I imagine if your insurance company is not going to cover it, you will need to pay in full.

Now, you have more options here. Most of the people on this forum who opt for lumbar disc replacement and have to pay for it themselves go to Europe because it is cheaper. You will not have the same legal protection as here in the states and it may prove more difficult to fight for an appeal, but it could save you a bundle.

If you are interested, I would recommend Dr. Pablo Clavel in Barcelona as a good place to start if you are interested in a multi-level abroad. He is among the more affordable and more experienced.

If you are still interested state-side, you may want to do some more reading on Dr. Blumenthal and why he may be your best choice. Just Google him. If he is local for you, even better, because he is probably the best in the region.
2017 - Blew out my back on leg-press. MRI showed L5-S-1 disc herniation and grade 1 retrolisthesis.
2018 - Successful ADR surgery with Dr. Rolando Garcia using the Activ-L implant.
2019 - In physical therapy for burning in feet, L4-L5 diffuse disc bulge and SI joint pain.
2020 - Getting better with one-on-one PT.

30 - Male - American