View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 10:37 AM

I checked into having Delamarter do my 3 level ADR, but the hospital costs alone were more than having the surgery done by who appeared to me to be the best ADR doc in the world - Bertagnoli, in Germany. The cost for a 3 level ADR, plus taking plate and screws out from prior fusion, was just under $47k. I think it's nearly $10k less per level required. I was extremely impressed with the care I received there - much more attentive than the U.S. hospitals and I'm happy with the results of my surgery. My insurance company wouldn't pay for anything, either. Sure hope that wherever you decide to have surgery, that you feel much, much better afterwards. By the way, if you go to GY, to your great surprise, you will be well enough afterwards to do a little sightseeing. Make sure you see Neuschwanstein, the castle the Disneyland castle was modeled after (it's located in the Alps - fantastic views everywhere). I lived in the UK for 9 years and have seen a lot of castles but this one is my favorite. Fussen, the town just before ascending to see Neuschwanstein, is gorgeous and we want to go back there with our kids and stay. Also, see the Marienplatz in Munich. There is a lovely outdoor market somewhere around there too, that is just so delightful with unusual and beautiful things for sale. Straubing is a lovely town you may stay in which is where one of his surgery locations is located and near another one. Bogen, near Straubing and where I had my surgery performed, is also a delightful little town. I couldn't believe I was able to do light sightseeing - but I could. To see the castle, I laid against my husband or the interior side of the bus to rest my neck while we were traveling. I was so surprised to be able to use this opportunity not only to get better, but also to have a great time!
Onset of severe fibromyalgia in 6/95, undiagnosed for 2 years while lived in UK
About 1998 o