View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 03:42 PM

Julaine

I've reread all your posts and the one thing you don't talk about is the possibility of going to another doctor. It's obvious your current surgeon's office staff is not experienced at getting BCBS to pay for ADR, pain meds, etc..

You can see from some of the above posts that BCBS in California *will* sometimes pay for what you need, but you have to get connected with a surgeon who has a history of success in this area. Dr. Delamarter in Santa Monica *is* that surgeon and if you are at your wits end and get to the point where the extra trouble of traveling doesn't seem so bad anymore, then I strongly recommend you at least call his office and talk to the billing clerk or person who deals with insurance billing. I'm sure that person could ask you a few simple questions about your condition and insurance coverage and give you a definitive answer immediately.

Of course, you may have a local BCBS coverage which is not exactly the same as the others who posted above, but it's certainly worth exploring! Please let us know what you find out, OK?

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.