View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 04:16 AM

GaryC,

I was under the impression that Tricare covers ADR. My sister and brother-in-law have TriCare and my sister recently got a letter from Tricare saying they were now covering ADR. She read the letter to me over the phone.

Maybe it is not for lumbar ADR?

I would suggest that you keep fighting for ADR. If you can be in a trial, that might be good. I would just keep fighting.
I got ADR when Blue Cross wanted me to get fusion.
I determined that no insurance company was going to tell me to have a surgery that my surgeon did not recommend. That is not right in any case.
I have gone to great lengths to go after the insurance company. I have put in so many hours fighting an insurance company that could care less about me. I have been in the newspaper, on the radio, the internet, and hopefully soon on NPR.

I stopped short of driving to Woodland Hills.CA and laying down on the steps of Blue Cross/Anthem/Wellpoint until the cops removed me.

I have to admit that I thought of it often. I get sick to my stomach when i think of Blue Cross because they tried to ruin my life and they are doing the same to a lot of people. People shouldn't have to decide between their retirement and their life.

My insurance (so-called) only allows for 24 physical therapy visits so I have had 36 and therefore I am out of PT. My PT is going to ask for more visits with a letter of medical necessity from my doctor, but I don't hold out much hope. I have gone through this before when i had DDD and a herniated disc and those ******** denied me PT because I had used it for a different problem. Blue Cross actually said I had a nonoperative muscle strain. Our so-called state Dept of Managed Care sided with them.

It is awful that we cannot get FDA approved treatment in the United States. Keep fighting.

Kimmers