View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyjoe View Post
I am trying to remember in my case, but I believe that Clavel provided his report and recommendations without charge, and then only a charge for the first skype. I also recall that I could have an additional skype without further charge if I had follow up questions, which I didn't due to his attention to detail on the first one, and its substantial length.

Fusion isn't the end of the world, but I would certainly be worried that a second fusion would have no better bone growth than the first one, unless the cause for the non union is first identified. Is this simply a question of needing more time, forteo, or growth stimulation?
The consultation fee isn't the biggest issue: the real problem is if I get an opinion from one of these surgeons, how am I going to afford surgery with them? If I can't have them fix the problem, then what's the point? I already know it's gone wrong. What I need is someone that can fix this mess using only the power of my crappy insurance.

And I'm not even worried that a second fusion won't take; I'm worried that a second fusion will 1. Just cause more pain and 2. It's just the next step in the full destruction of my neck. If C5/6 is the fused one, C3/4, C4/5, and C6/7 are already herniated. C6/7 is in danger already, C4/5 already succumbed to ASD, and if I fuse C4/5, then C3/4 will be the next to go. I'm freaking 33. I'd say fusion isn't the end of the world, but it definitely looks like it's going to be the end of my life. It's certainly destroyed my life as I know it already, and going through this all again, within the span of a year, knowing it's just going to create even more armageddon in my spine? I think I'd rather take the exit ramp.
C5/6 Disc extrusion with cord compression, bone spurs due to uncovertebral arthropathy, right foraminal stenosis and bilateral nerve compression.
C6/7 disc protrusion

Lost appeals for ADR. C5-6 ACDF on 3/10/16
ACDF never fused, and ACDF accelerated damage of the other levels. Someone please kill me.