View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyjoe View Post
yes, it sounds like you've had a lot done. But it is important to know the source of the pain. Fusions or ADR won't solve pain that is caused by facets. I know this personally right now. It also looks like you've had a lot done since the surgery? or was it all before? sometimes it takes quite awhile for things to calm down. I had headaches for a few weeks that were actually caused by my PT. They are gone now. Since my fall, and since I have been trying all kinds of PT and exercise, and muscle relaxers, and lyrica, etc, pain has shifted all around. Things seem to be getting much better recently, just as Clavel predicted. Now of course, my L4-5, and 5-S1 is giving me great pain down both legs. But that is nothing new.
With the exception of former rounds of PT and one epidural, all of that was done post-op, at the direction of my neurosurgeon, to try and deal with issues he claims were caused by the large graft he put in. My latest MRI and x-rays show my facet joints all look good--I had nerve abalations done from C2-C5 not because I had facet problems, but my neurosurgeon thought the oversized graft cage he'd put in there was putting extra stress on my facet joints around the fusion. RFA didn't do a damn thing but cause more pain, so that wasn't it.

PT does aggravate my migraines, but it doesn't cause them--this latest round I didn't start until a few months ago because my surgeon's weirdly conservative and wouldn't approve it. And I was just having so many lingering symptoms and procedures I think he was trying to wait for that to simmer down. Fine by me, I think PT is the devil, and now I'm just doing it to be "compliant." But I had a migraine the night I had surgery, and it never stopped--three neurologists agree the migraines are from my neck tension, so anything that increases that, increases my migraines. But my neck spasms NEVER stop, so...neither do my migraines.

I think the real issue is, nothing is going to heal on its own. I'm on Lyrica, opiates, muscle relaxers, topical EMLA cream, and dozen other things I've either failed or tried for pain or migraines in the past. I don't know what else is left, and neither does anyone else, other than fixing the mess that's in there.
C5/6 Disc extrusion with cord compression, bone spurs due to uncovertebral arthropathy, right foraminal stenosis and bilateral nerve compression.
C6/7 disc protrusion

Lost appeals for ADR. C5-6 ACDF on 3/10/16
ACDF never fused, and ACDF accelerated damage of the other levels. Someone please kill me.