View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 09:24 PM

So, I've gotten the first two denials for disc arthroplasty (no real effort on my part, yet....just the standard form letters so far). I'm waiting to get some answers from my doc regarding other disc options (that are not yet approved), and wonder what happens if I:
a. Drop it now, while I wait to get answers, to probably bring it up again in the next 12-18 mos
b. Continue the appeals process, but wait to have any surgery until newer disc designs are approved (total optimist here, assuming I will eventually win the argument!)

Will the insurance company approve the surgery without knowing which disc will be used? All I can see is petitioning for disc arthroplasty, not which specific disc is being proposed (though it is currently the ProDisc.....not sure I want that one, though, which is the reason for the question...)

BTW, we are talking about Anthem/Blue Cross. Ain't it grand? So, while I am awaiting answers from this group, I am going to call my doc's office to pursue answers to the myriad questions I posed a couple weeks ago (in written form...) and have yet to get answered.

thanks, all!!

Susan/ERvet
2007-RF @L5-S123, 2mo relief
2008-disco pos @L5-S1, +/-L4-5
Waiting as long as poss for ADR, considering biacuplasty
Don't even ask about the other ortho sx!
New onset left-sided pain Nov 08