Thread: Scuba Diving
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 06:24 PM

MC,

I've been diving three times with my two M6's, but never deeper than 33ft.

My concern was that at recreational depths that we'd absorb enough N2 that by the time we surfaced, if the M6 weep holes became plugged, would the N2 in its now gaseous state cause the M6 sheath to expand enough to push on a root nerve or the spinal cord.

I contacted Spinal Kinetics and posed my concerns about SCUBA with my M6's to 'Larry'. He didn't know and said they had no plans to test my hypothetical scenario. At the time there was a poster on the site with the handle MDE (medical device engineer). His opinion was that at the worst case a 0.5mm N2 bubble could form. If his calculations were correct, that would not be enough push the M6's sheath into the spinal canal or neural foramen.

Take that as something you read on the internet. I'm spending two weeks in Puerto Moreles in the Mexican Caribbean this summer and after my research I'm planning on diving the Santa Rosa Wall at 105ft. If you decide against diving please post some pictures of yourself pipelining Teahupoo.

Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011