View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 02:27 PM

I know the feeling too well, especially when you can't exercise and be active like you used to. I would add that eating a lot of fiber helps also. Fiber and protein take longer for your body to digest and help you feeling hungry so soon. Not to mention, fiber helps with the problem of constipation (something I certainly need!). I usually have Benefiber and whey protein mixed with 1% milk for breakfast and at night. It keeps me full for a long time-and it actually tastes really good! Also, watch your portion size. It adds up much faster than you would think. If you are dying for some Doritos, then you should count out the number of chips in 1 serving, close up the bag and put it away (far away). Then go in another room and enjoy each chip. Never sit down with the bag. That is what I do and it seems to have helped. I've actually lost about 20 pounds. It's easier than counting carbs or calories or any other fanatical diets. I tried ading up the calories, carbs, etc and was surprised at how fast they add up, even when you're not eating bad stuff. Sometimes when I'm really hungry and shouldn't be, I'll gulp down a bottle of water first. It helps fill me up. You're not alone. Hang in there. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. I don't know who said that, but if you start making changes in the way you eat, it will begin your journey towards better health.
) )