View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 12:24 AM

Default New Here – 2nd Opinion Question

Hi everyone,
My name is David and I’m 54 years old. My adventure unknowingly started back in 2003. High calcium levels were noticed and I was checked out for Parathyroid disease. I was assured nothing was wrong. Broke a hammertoe on an elliptical in 2008. In 2009 and I was diagnosed as hypothyroid.No Hashimoto’s or Graves. I also had shoulder surgery (bone spurred the clavicle, 6 labral tears, cyst, sub acromial decompression). In 2011 I thought I tore the shoulder again and discovered the C4-C5 DDD and C5-C6- disc bulge. In 2012 the Parathyroid tumor was finally removed. In 2013 I did a 11+ mile run on an elliptical (70 minutes) and felt the pop in the back. That’s when lumbar problem was discovered. In 2014 I felt the shoulder pop again. This time Quadrilateral Space Syndrome.

I’ve had 3 cervical epidural’s, 2 lumbar epidural’s, PT (actually made things worse) and 3 years of chiro care.At this point not much helps. I take the naturopathic route and occasional ibuprofen to deal with pain. I’ve found this isn’t going to get better by itself.

I’ve declined the C4-C5-C6 fusion. TBI has recommended a hybrid C4-C5 fusion with C5-C6 ADR. I’ve been declined for the M6 trial due to multiple levels but was told I would be a good candidate for C4-C5 ADR.

I’m looking to get a couple more opinions here in the US. I don’t see Germany as an option although I love to go back to visit (I was there when Chernobyl blew up).

I’m inclined to get opinions from both Dr. Pettine and Dr. Wohns from what I’ve read so I can get a 1st hand impression.

Please comment on the following question

Do you get a better 2nd opinion by visiting the doctor in person or taking the out of state review at no cost?What has been the experience of people here?

3/2016 L5-S1 Fusion/rods Cosmolock hardware
5/2017 L3 Central stenosis decompression

Last edited by ADRSeeker; 01-27-2015 at 05:16 PM.