View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 08:55 AM

Thumbs down

I pay $350 a month through my employer provided insurance for myself, husband, and kids. That, I believe, is only about 1/4 of the cost though, and my employer pays the rest as a benefit of my employment. I have a $500 deductible per person, per year, and it generally pays 90% of covered services/hospitalizations, etc, if I use an approved,area hospital. 50% if it's out of network. ADR was not covered for me because my insurance company determined that in my case, the ADR with the fusion was not an FDA approved use. I assume they would have paid for a single level. This I'll never know as I needed at least 2 levels repaired for sure, with the third being optional. I'm sure they would have paid for a fusion, now and multiple times down the road in my lifetime - but I never asked. I'll pass on the block of wood for a spine. Went through 3 appeals, then was told I'd have to hire a lawyer. I gave up there. I felt more confident about leaving the US anyway.
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/