View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Its so frustrating! Like you frustration and lack of confidence sent me on a search for answers... Hopefully by self education, research and mulitiple visits with Neuros I have reached the right decision! I am having a multi level ADR with Dr. Clavel in about 2 weeks. This forum and the many generous people here, sharing their experiences helped me make my decision. Best of luck!
Hopefully, you will find your answers soon. As with any surgery I am anxious but I feel confident that Dr. Clavel is the best choice for my circumstances... funny thing - I'm more nervous about being "put to sleep' than the actual surgery, at least at this moment. As time nears I'm sure my nervous condition may worsen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danleggett View Post
I almost posted a reply to wcwalker because my story sounds similar to me (without the neck for now). I'm not going back to the nuero that did my discectomy because he oversold the results and then never seemed to want to explain or even show me the post op MRI. Just told me to be patient.

It's now been a year and the pain is getting a bit worse. When I brought it up, Primary care doc says ADR sounds like a good choice but he doesn't seem to be fully engaged on the subject. Maybe it's just me, but my confidence in docs is way down since I've had to spend more time with them lately. Seems I'm missing a link between my primary care guy and a good surgeon who can do a multi-level ADR if required.

So my immediate plans are to get a cervical MRI on 10-2-12 to find out maybe why I've had a headache for 2 months and then get a referral to Vanderbilt Med where I hear they do ADRs, tho I don't yet know how often. I think I will have to go up the usual ladder if I have any hope of getting BCBS-TN to pay anything for ADR. but other than that I'm ready to be out of pain and off pills yesterday.

How does one get objective opinion from a US doc when a muti-level ADR should at least be part of the conversation?
2 level M6 ADR, Dr. Clavel - Oct. 2012
Insurance paid
Not a day goes by that without me whispering a silent "thank you" to Dr. Clavel
Post Op 2+ years
Cross Fit 3-5 times a week
Running 5ks