View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:24 PM

So I went to my appointment this morning and he said that he could do another discectemy??!!!

He had told me after my last surgery the next step would be fusion or ADR if it was possible at that point. But now he's saying he can do a third discectemy. I'm so confused. He did refer me to a local doctor that used to do ADR but he's not sure if he is still though. I have called and left a voicemail with this one, a Dr Majd, to set up an appointment to discuss the possiblilities. He was envolved in the FDA clinical trial for the Charite disc, and I would rather have the Prodisc though... not sure what he does now, won't know until I go though.

I think I knew more about the ADR procedure than my current surgeon though. He wasn't sure if they could clean out the herniated disc since it was a abdominal procedure????!!! huh? Isn't that what they do? Now I'm just waiting for a phone call from this other Dr's office.

I'm just afraid if I go with a third discectemy I won't be able to get the ADR in the future and then it's also just prolonging the inevitable of fusion or ADR. I seem to be getting a surgeyr every two years it seems.
MRI May 5th - showed "moderate sizd protruding disk in the the left paracentral location at the L4-5 level which appears to a more porminent comparison to the prior examination" and "appears to impinge upon the exiting nerve root"
May 11th Dr Apptment - Told that another Discsectemy could be done.

Looking for Surgeon for second Opinion

Last edited by symara; 05-11-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: adding more info