View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:19 PM

Thank you so much. For the reply. I have research Dr Rolando Garcia and he has some nice credentials plus I've seen posts by a couple of patients on other sites who have had gr8 results. He was also the first Dr in FL to implant a Pro disc back when the trials first started and is also one of the developers or the Activ-L from what I read and hear.

As far as Dr Ziegler goes I've heard gr8 things as well but the issue is I doubt he will take an out of state Worker's Comp case. Even if that was the case I also doubt my WC would actually pay for the out of sate Dr. But I'll definitely look into it.

I've been in touch with Zoticos thru PMs. He's been gr8 help. If only I could afford the surgery I'd be in Barcelona already. (Dr Boree sadly passed away las year) I just keep playing the lotto in the mean time in the hope I get lucky.

Thanks for your reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
Firemedix,

Welcome and condolences.

There is an ADR recipient on this site, which I believe from his description of his job, is also a fireman. He had ADR a year ago and is now back on the job, including lifting and carrying people (with no issues). And like you he is also very active when off the job. He had lumbar M6 with Dr Boree, which you said it not an option for you. He goes by the handle, zoticos. He doesn't post here very often anymore, but if you PM him I'm certain he'd respond to you.

As your surgery will be in the US, you will very probably get a ProDisc-L. I don't know your surgeon, but would strongly encourage you to check his history of successful.vs.unsuccessful outcomes with ADR before you allow him to operate. As you've observed there are no mulligans with lumbar spine ADR, and an unsuccessful surgery can leave you much worse off than before. I don't know if this will be an option for you, but Dr Zigler at TBI in Plano, TX reliably turns out a steady stream of excellent outcomes with the ProDisc-L. I would encourage you to look into that possibility.

Good luck, Jeff