View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 02:03 PM

Yes DAnn, we were happy to see the green line become operational. We wanted to take it to the State Fair, but it wasn't up then. If I worked downtown I am almost certain that I would take the train. I wish there was a train that ran parallel to George Bush, it would beat driving!

I had fusion at C4/5 in 2000, and another at C5/6 in 2002, both at Medical City Dallas. All went well until Jan 2008. I almost underwent ADR with the ProDisc and Dr Zigler. Ultimately I had a double ADR (C3/4, C6/7) with the Spinal Kinetics M6 with Dr Pablo Clavel of the Barcelona Spine Center at Quiron Hospital in Barcelona, Spain the day before Thanksgiving 2009.

In my non-medical judgment the ProDisc was inappropriate for my specific condition, so I opted to go to Europe for the M6, which in non-medical judgment would allow me to resume my active lifestyle. Since surgery I've been able to resume running marathons. Not everyone is as fortunate as I and have the kind of outcome I've had to date. And ADR in Europe is not for everyone. My situation was somewhat drastic and I believe warranted that drastic measure. The cost for the surgery in Spain was about half what it would have been here, plus I got a better device (my non-medical opinion). Since I was having to pay out of pocket either way, for me the decision was easy.

Tell you husband and twins to just hang in there; by this time next year you should be as good as new!

Where are ya'll? On this site there are posters in Plano and Denton. Maybe we'll start our own North Texas group.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011