View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 01:30 AM

Jeff, and anyone else out there (Tyler and someone else I can't right now recall??)

What was the cost for the m6 in Barcelona? It sounds promising, and I am willing to pay out of pocket to recover faster. I am young and very active (although not running marathons like many of you--although I did run the last 6 miles in Dallas with my best friend and neighbor for her first run!)

I know some of you have had fusions as well as ADR m6's. I see another post about someone who had a several level ADR but wishes he'd had a fusion at two levels instead.

I guess I'm stressed and confused. I want to return to work as soon as possible and be down for my family (mother of very busy twin boys), in as minimal time as possible. So, any fusion sounds terrible. My current solution is fusion with ADR, so a little of both. But, I've been told I'd only be out for a bout 3 weeks. Is this realistic? I give speeches and am a pretty public persona for my job.
Plus I drive 30 miles every day to work (I'm having a very hard time driving.... now but doing it).
Jeff, I just saw your post about the frog neck....would this be a detriment to me????

Let me know what you think.

THANKS!
D'Ann
C6-7 disc moderately to markedly narrowed, mild retrolisthesis of c6 on c7 producing effacement of the thecal sac but no cord impingement, mild narrowing of left neural foramen;
c5-6 disc moderately narrowed, anterior and posterior disc bulge with mild anterior cord impingement;
c4-5 disc intact and normal height, potential posterior annular fissure.
Cervical hybrid surgery in Texas April 12, 2011, fusion at C6/7, Prodisc C at C5/6