View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 12:30 PM

D'Ann,

For two level cervical M6 I paid 18656 euros, which at the time was $27533. The day I checked out of the hospital I pulled my own 50lb suitecase the 1.1 miles to the hotel (downhill), and then walked 5 or 6 miles the rest of the day touring the city. The next 5 days we easily walked twice that touring the city. That was MY experience, which I think is a little better than average, but not atypical. I do know one patient that had a double cervical M6 with Dr Clavel that took three months before she was unimpeded by the surgical pain.

There are a number of complications possible with ADR, and there is no guarantee of a positive outcome. Though my experience reading these forums is that complications after cervical ADR requiring revisions to fusion are not common.

Per the frog neck, that resolved after all of the surgical swelling went down; perhaps ... eight weeks? That was an issue with me because I had level C3/4 done and, per Dr Clavel, have a very unusual anatomy of the hyoid bone, which made it difficult to access the spine at that level. I've never heard anyone else complain of the "frog neck", and I didn't have it after either of my fusion surgeries. One day I'll have to have C7/T1 addressed, and I don't expect that particular difficulty.

It is very understandable, and I'd say even natural, to be "stressed and confused". These are very difficult decisions that you're having to make right now. But, one day, possibly soon, you'll be "on the other side" and feeling great.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011