View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 12:51 PM

Default new to site but have been reading for some time

Well where to start

I am 3 weeks and one day out from M6L replacement surgery at L4/5 & L5- S1 by DR Clevel at the Barcelona Spine Center. I have been back to work for 4 days now and every day I feel better. Had some issues with fluid build up at the surgery site but went to a general surgeon here at home and they drained about 200 ccs of a almost clear fluid out and now all is good. Have had some numbness in both my thighs but it is now going away along with the burning feeling in the middle of the numb area. It was a realy strange feeling I guess it is from being stretched out 3/4 of an inch. Both of the discs were no more than a 1/16 of an inch thick.

Now starts the battle with my insurance company's I have duel coverage primary is Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and secondary is Aetna wish me luck the total cost for my surgery was around 21,000 euros not including hotel, airfare or transportation. My wife and I found a good Hotel at the plaza de catalunia ( don't think I spelled that right ) that came with a buffet breakfasts for 120.00 euro a night and it was close to everything and a 8 to 9 euro taxi ride to the hospital. I will keep checking in and advise everyone about my progress.

Thanks for listening
Jeff H