View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Question

Herron, can you tell us a bit more about a possible infection? What diagnostics have been performed to determine the microbe(s) causing the problem? What antibiotics are you taking?

You can imagine how serious I take this, given my long journey to diagnose my own HAI which took the better part of a decade of my life. Please see my story on my blog:

Story | WhyAmIStillSick.com

The trailer is on the home page.

Any way, please do share more. If the antibiotics do remove the symptoms (if they are the right ones), there are many other things that you should consider doing to continue to resolve and remove any lingering microbes. They are sticky little bastards.

Some experts I interviewed for my film noted that there is a 62% diagnostic uncertainty when doctors prescribe antibiotics. Part of the reasons behind this relate to the fact the culturing patient swaps is both selective and flawed; they detect only up to 4-6% of all bacterial pathogens. Our healthcare system is having great pains moving away from this 150 year old diagnostic; we all suffer as a result.

'Nuff said.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate