View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
2. The "Natural foods" and "Organic foods" advocates make all kinds of claims in which they claim to be able to cure everything from stage IV melanoma to making someone immune from EVER getting sick again. While I have little confidence in such claims, their logic is plausible; that is, remove toxins which the human body is not designed to manage, and the body can more effectively keep itself healthy. Is there any scientific research that suggests that in at least some people that an "organic" lifestyle can cure or mitigate the symptoms of rheumatoid diseases? If not, scientific research aside, what is your opinion of an "organic" lifestyle as treatment for rheumatoid diseases?
I've heard something like this before and would suggest a modification to the question. The doc who was suggesting the lifestyle change pointed out that you could imagine a person having an inflammation bucket. If you take in more things that trigger inflammation than your body can process, his theory was that you'd trigger a whole bunch of stuff that might forever remain below the point of concern if you hadn't been overloaded. His theory was to eliminate all controllable sources of inflammation and see if you could push these conditions into remission. Rich, I don't have a clean way to phrase this as a question but I'd be interested what an expert in the field thought of my doc's theory.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog