View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 05:53 PM

Thank you for responding Kelly.

I will be calling in a few minutes to follow up, and you gave me some good insights as to what to ask for, which is definitely helpful.

My guess is that that will try to say the ADR was not "medically necessary" based on the fact that I "should" have had a fusion. (Six level fusion, are you kidding me?!?!)

Unfortunately, we don't have it in writing that we were getting reimbursed, but I'm going to comb through every single email I have from my husband. Sometimes, even just an email saying that so-n-no said something can be useful.

I will certainly keep this thread updated for anyone else who might be looking later on.

And, really, when it comes down to it, I have my legs. I have my arms. Everything else it gravy right? It didn't hit me until last week that I wouldn't just have ended up in a wheelchair. That was a C5-6 spinal cord injury. I would have lost most of the use of my arms too!

And that is something else I can push. I mean, it doesn't make sense that they would pay for a lifetime of care vs. ONE surgery that would make them not have to pay for ANY further care, right?

Thank you for the response, and I'll keep you all posted!
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.