View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 02:32 AM

When I tried to return to work, I had a hard time sitting all day, so I got a wireless mouse, keyboard and second monitor for a combination sit down desk and standing desk. I thought it would work but my left leg would go numb while standing in place and was actually worse.

At the time I asked a new pain mgmt dr to try injections and he refused. I have no idea why. a year later and I've been going through a whole series of injections to deal with post ADR issues and I wish I would have had that opportunity before giving up my job.

What ever you do, don't try a kneeling chair. It's aweful and not meant for long term sitting. have you tried sitting on an exercise ball with the chair stand?

I find that moving is the best. Too bad we don't have work stations with elliptical machines or treadmills as an easy option!

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop