View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 03:16 PM

Default Longevity of prodisc, or activ-L

There are several reasons that I am struggling with the decision of the surgery.

1) I am concerned about the longevity of the prodisc or activ-L if these are the discs I end of having. I am currently 48 years old. I don't know whether these discs can last for the rest of the life. If not, what are the solutions? (that would be the question I will also ask when I meet with Dr. Guyer)

2) Currently, due to the fact that I don't work, I can manage my pain level by not doing the things that will aggravate it, which are walking and standing on my feet. For instance, I can walk my dog for 30 mins and then lay down on my heating pad for relief of the pain. I manage not to take any pain med so far. If I have to do prolonged walking which is more than 1 or 2 hours, I always try to bring my wheel chair. If I travel, I always use my wheel chair for getting around. I gave up any sports such as tennis or running long time ago.

I guess sooner or later, I would have to have a surgery since it can only get worse. I just wonder postponing it for a while might give me more options? I will have a discussion with the doctor, but at the same time, I would love to hear what you guys think.
DiscSeel procedure at L3-S1 in Feb 2018 (no help)
considering ADR at L4-L5 and L5-S1