View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 11:19 AM

Unfortunately, I have received very laconic information from Dr. Desai that he recommends neither fusion nor ADR, only further rehabilitation. Despite informing him that after 14 months of exercises, injections, ablation etc. I don't see any chance for improvement, I didn't receive another email. I know from a friend who received the approval of the ADR procedure, that after returning from vacation dr. Desai is very busy and I'm afraid they won't look at my case closely enough.
I received one more opinion from Prof. Dr. Bertagnoli, but his diagnosis was very laconic: "Degenerative disc disease with desiccation and protrusions. To preserve the function and mobility of your spine and for longer-lasting results, Prof. Dr. Bertagnoli recommends an ADR surgery (total discectomy, vertebral remodeling removal of troublesome osteophytes and shaping the vertebrae to mate with the ADR) stability at L5-S1 ". Unfortunately, I do not know how to relate it to the words on the page of Dr. Bertagnoli that on L5-S1 he does not see the point of setting up elastic ADR like LP ESP.
Currently, my recommendation looks like this:

Prof. Rischke - ADR
Dr. Ferrandez - ALIF
Dr. Desai - rehabilitation
Prof. Bertagnoli - ADR
Dr. Clavel - on vacation.

Unfortunately, I'm preparing for a fusion in Poland using stand alone cage - Synfix (DePuy Synthes).

Anyone have any advice for me in this situation?
11 years quite ok. May 2018, after lifting the weight in rotation - pain persists for a year all the time.