View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 AM

Default Newbie from the UK

Hi all, I'm so glad I've found this site.

I have had back problems for 15 years, with a L5/S1 hermniated disk confirmed in 2004. This was treated conservatively however since 2010 the burning pain in my left leg has been getting progressively worse, with burning pains in hip, unable to stand still for long periods and in 2012 numbness on the inner aspect of my left foot.

My new wife got me to see a spinal surgeon and the MRI confirmed that my disk in L5/S1 had completely gone, and I now had bone on bone. My first nerve root block worked well for 3 months however work demanded I travel seven hours one way by car and train to a work appointment and during that journey I had pain travelling down my left buttock, thigh and behind my Knee so much that I had to book into a hotel and rest. I had a further nerve root block in January 2013 and this only lasted a week.

Fortunatley I have private health with my employers and my surgeon has now agreed to perform a ADR using the M6.

I would really appreciate any advice form you as to recovery times to expect, physical excercises you found of use pre and post op, and what type of pain to expect.......as my wife tells me suck it up :-)

Luckily I have one of the best spinal surgeons in the UK on my doorstep who I have full confidence in

Thanks for taking time to read my little journey
2013 Nerve root block relief lasted one week
June 2013 booked in for ADR M6