View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 04:47 AM

Default Great Inupt and questions Harrison

Definitely, Thanks Harrison. That sentence about bones being brittle when going through multiple traumas/surgeries would have stuck with me too. And I wonder how a prodisc at the C5/c6 level and then a subsequent Fusion at the same level would, then allow a surgeon to find enough bone to do the removal... They have to drill above the prodisc notches to remove it.

I just don't know, I am so confused. I can see that this Doctor sees Dollar signs too, I just feel it. I mean, any surgeon would...but I can't look past that fact without pondering. Treating me w/ just meds is not his cash cow.

I am definitely going to be grabbing some "extra" opinions. I had a really rough autumn and Winter so far and it has been extremely nasty with the headaches and the numbness in the hands and the overall pain in the shoulders, arm, neck and combined with the sleeplessness. I type this at 12:44 am in Vegas and I know that I will be up untl at least 5am shuffling around and playing musical beds, trying to find a magical-comfortable position.

What did I ever do to deserve...No! It could be much worse. After my 1995 car accident, I could easily be a parapalegic right now.
Ruptured C5/C6 June 2010. Rushed into Prodisc surgery July 1, 2010. Month after installation, symptoms came back and new more intense pain. Fought all year for help. July 6, 2011 received fusion-revision on top of Prodisc - John's Hopkins. Numbness went away in hands, but pain still remains. Doctor's all say "Life of Pain Management" forever. Trying to endure life through the fog of pain and meds and procedures. New hope is now Neurotransmitter "TENS" unit implanted into neck at C5/C6.