View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post
Regenexx is one I might try looking at, even though their office staff is less than impressive.
I'll definitely do that. Haven't seen much in the way of real study numbers for lumber stem cell replacement, just a few scattered "sponsered" results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srajan0929 View Post
honestly, your disc looks completely fine. do you know how many levels did you have a laminectomy?
Only at L3-4 but it was a severe rupture (big fragments removed). I believe that the prolotherapy helped to minimize DDD progression as my current MRI doesn't look much different (in my non-medical opinion) from the one in 2000, but really need an expert to make that determination.

The classic contradiction about lumber DDD on MRI's is that you can have horrible looking degenerated discs on an MRI in patients with no back issues at all and almost normal looking discs in patients with severe back pain. That was a key reason prolo was first recommended to me. MRI's are only one tiny part of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srajan0929 View Post
would getting it from dr. hauser really make a difference or would a local prolotherapy doctor suffice?thanks
raj
Dr. Hauser was recommended to me as one of the most experienced prolotheripists worldwide, so I did not hesitate to travel. $600 for a typical full lumbar treatment plus the travel cost to Chicago. So not that bad in my opinion. I'm not saying to not use someone local, but you'll need to go through the due diligence. My experience with Dr Hauser has been excellent, and although I seem to be hitting a (temporary?) wall with prolo, it gave me 9 great years. I also had carpel tunnel and elbow issues from years of high wind boardsailing and prolo solved those issues as well. Heck, even if I end up doing some alternative procedure I'd still likely return for prolo treatments if warranted.
2000: 5 Prolotherapy treatments (successful)
2009-2013: reinjury but prolotherapy treatments (8 total) have diminishing effect
2013-:Switch to prolozone treatments. 2 completed. So far so good....