Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 11:25 AM

Default Hello everyone

Hi just signing in and introducing myself!

I'm 32 and from the UK, after injuring my back in 2013 at the gym it came back to bite me on the backside last August.

Since then I've tried to recover with conservative treatments, chiropractic care, yoga, swimming etc etc and seem to be going one step forward and a few back as the months go by.

From my research I feel my options are either carry on "treading water" and hoping things improve as the months go by, or look at ADR surgery assuming I'm a candidate.

After the incident in August last year I recovered well, mobility was good and I started working again, since my second incident last year in October life has never been the same,

Since October I've not worked, feel "broken" and like an old man, I have sciatica in both legs but mainly the left, however not so much painful, just loss of sensation to my feet and a bruised feeling if my calves/backs of legs are pressed with my fingers etc. My main issue is pain in my back, not strong but always there, and lack of mobility (old man feeling), I'm scared to bend down and use my feet where possible, I have also recently started experiencing some hip pain (I had a twisted hip as diagnosed by the chiropractor which has been slowly rectified).

If I do too much one day I spend the next few days mainly in bed feeling sore/broken - However I've not needed any pain killers since last year which is positive! However today is the worst day for pain in several months by a significant amount and pain killers may be needed, this has pushed me to join this group and research ADR surgery more, as I just feel I won't recover otherwise.

So that's my reason for joining the forum, to be a part of the community, research, swap information, and assuming I don't improve naturally to some degree to get some new discs in my back!!

08.16 - Back/sciatica problems arose (what I class as the start of life changing problems in day to day life)

10.16 - After signifcant recovery problems arose again and life has never been the same since

02.17 - L4/5 Small bulge, L5/S1 small protrusion confirmed by MRI, L5/S1 pressed on sciatic nerve but no significant compression noted.