Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 06:14 PM

Hi again...

So I ended up with an ambulance being called for me last week and I went to hospital after I did some very light diy the week before, I felt sore in my lower back afterwards until week later my back started to violenty spasm repeatedly for maybe 20 minutes, I was screaming in pain and I think this was definitely the worst pain and after effects since my original symptoms of disc problems last August.

I'm currently housebound and afer 5 days I've finally felt some signs of improvement, since the incident until now if I tried to walk my back kept on trying to "give in" and I would have dropped to the floor if I wasn't hanging onto things, I've now started to walk a little in the house.

Anyway I've been going through this for a short time compared to many, but after this latest incident I'm clearly not getting better, which when my mri results aren't so bad on paper is pretty disheartening.

What to do? Carry on with my life on hold hoping things will actually improve? (I want to be able to travel, see more of the world and I'm stuck in my city waiting, I feel as I am there's no way at all I'd feel comfortable travelling).

Or at 32 have ADR, remove my discs and take the "no going back" step and have the chance of a good outcome, and get on with my life, knowing from that point I have manufactured discs inside me at 32 and I have to keep my faith in the research and design that they will last for a significant portion of my life.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, although I'm well aware that any decision is for me to make!!!

08.16 - Back/sciatica problems arose (what I class as the start of life changing problems in day to day life)

10.16 - After signifcant recovery problems arose again and life has never been the same since

02.17 - L4/5 Small bulge, L5/S1 small protrusion confirmed by MRI, L5/S1 pressed on sciatic nerve but no significant compression noted.