View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 05:02 PM

@Chris4377

Thank you for the information. For now I am going to continue with Dr. Zeegers or Dr. Clavel, and so far Dr. Bertagnoli caught an issue with my L1-L2 that was on my MRI report, but none of the doctors I have seen locally made any mention of that area being an issue. However, the MRI is obvious.

The more doctors I can inquire of the better, so I will gladly receive whatever information you can give me so I can contact the doctor that provided care for you.

My second court hearing is tomorrow with Workers Comp in settling my claim so I can actually get the care I need. But it came as a blow today when I found out that part of the settlement agreement is for me to resign from my current employer. Otherwise I get no settlement and they will continue not treating me. I could complain, but my family did pray for GOD to do whatever is necessary to keep us close to Himself and to trust Him fully. We got what we prayed for...

As my journey continues on I will update this post, unless it needs to be moved elsewhere, so the decisions I make can be of use to others too.

One thing though... never give up hope nor the fight. Mentally it is very hard, and physically it can be exhausting. However, you have to stretch properly, eat healthy, and exercise within the limitations of your body. Just keep moving, and do not lay around too much. Muscle atrophy is not easy to deal with. I know because this is the second time I have had it, and this time around I lost over 20 pounds because of it. I hurt and throb from my lower back to my feet. This is why I need my surgery bad because I am bed ridden right now. But, I am forcing myself to walk everyday even though it is causing severe pain, sleepless nights and my medicine to not work. It beats having muscle atrophy though and having to fight through it.

And my greatest encouragement to you, and to everyone else, is to never stop talking with GOD. Prayer is not just something where you are on your knees or lying prostrate. There is a time for praying in certain postures. But I believe more than anything we need to strive to give GOD our full attention throughout the day. In times of being blessed, in times of having doubt, in times of joy, in times of pain... let your requests be made known to GOD. And from a reformed perspective, as my family is, come before Him out of reverence and fear for He is Holy and our attitude should always reflect this.

Regards,
Nathan
PT (50) 20-8-14 to 04-24-15
MRI w/ con 13-4-15
XR Pelvis 08-6-15
COR INJ 02-7-15
MRI 14-11-15
Discography w/ CT-Scan 19-1-16
QME 16-2-16
XR LL 29-4-16
Bone Density (DEXA) Scan 01-8-16
XR LL 01-8-16